Friday, March 18, 2011

That little Mexican place in Talisay: A Bistro Mexicano Food Review


              As I was waiting for my driving test in LTO Lawaan Extension, I decided to get lunch at Robinson's Supermarket which was right beside it. I was walking around and I caught a whiff of,, uhh.. Mexican? well it smelled Mexican, I don't really know how to describe it, it was just that. So I followed the smell which led me to Bistro Mexicano. It's a small place near the side entrance of Robinson's supermarket. When I sat down, I was greeted by the waitress who was nothing short of respectful and cheerful..and she gave me a bowl of chips and salsa while waiting. AWESOME. haha

              I started my order with a Beef Burrito which is served with a side of rice, tomatoes, onions and beans. You can also choose having your burrito in chicken or pork. Now let's start with what's inside. It's ground beef along with some rice. The beef was a bit dry, was yummy nonetheless. The rice had a good aroma. Both were wrapped in a slightly toasted soft flour tortilla and finished with a salsa topping and parsley garnish. The side of beans and tomatoes was good addition. All of that for 160 php. Worth it. Not TOTALLY SUPERCALIFAGILLISTICLLY AWESOME. just worth it

I also had a plate of fries, thick, small ridge cut. 40php, fried crispy on the outside and soft on the inside. not worth your money, too small of a serving........and some coffee, judging by the types of coffee I have had in the past few years, not really good. Then again, it's a Mexican Restaurant, I can't blame them.

Their menu, includes all the Mexican Traditionals: Carne Asada, Echilladas, Tacos , etc.


I GIVE A 7 out of 10.. Stop by if your craving Mexican.. it's in Robinson's in Lawaan, Talisay.

No comments:

Post a Comment